Patrick will send an update along when he's ready, but as for me? The time is now!
I do a lot better with bullet-point formatting, so I'll just get to it:
- I'm injured. There's likely a stress fracture on my shin. I tell everyone it's shin splints, and initially I only felt the pain after a mile or two of running, but now I feel it even when I'm not running!
- It's painful.
- I'm worried I won't be able to finish my full ironman in time to make the cutoff, but I'll do the best that I can.
- After the race is over, I will likely not be running anymore until I know it's fully healed.
- I started a new job!
- It's amazing. I'm learning so much and doing many new things.
- As such, however, my life is a little imbalanced and I'm learning how to adjust to new things.
- My hours are off, which means my training has been off. Meaning I haven't been training. At all.
- Outside of that, things have been fantastic. I'm happy and healthy, and I guess that's all I can ask for :)